felix,

i have been watching the dri development forum for a while. as you seem to be the person spearheading the savage 3d driver effort, i have directed this message to you.

I am interested in this driver because the company i work for uses it on an embedded target. we do not use a powerful processor so every bit of performance we can get out of the video driver is important. I have been involved in software engineer for the past ten years. most of the work was done on a proprietary platform. the last two years have been on linux. i have studied the dri documentation and source code and now i would like to write some code.

the areas that i would like to look at first are clipping and the texture compression extension. are these difficult projects? can you point me in the right direction?

i would also imagine that i will need to get documentation concerning the hardware. if you could pass along a contact i will get the ball rolling. our company buys large quantities of these chipsets so it shouldn't be any problem to get the documents, providing the right paper work is in order.

thanks,
mark