Felix,
I did a little research and I think I figured out a few things
regarding the integrated savages
(http://www.via.com.tw/en/ProSavage%20Chipsets/prosav_index.jsp).  The
prosavage P/KN133 "twister" chipsets are the mobile prosavage core and
they use the savage4 2D and 3D
cores(http://www.via.com.tw/en/ProSavage%20Chipsets/pn133.jsp):

"The VIA ProSavage™ PN133 integrated mobile graphics chipset combines
the rich 2D/3D graphics capabilities of the proven Savage4™ graphics
core with advanced North Bridge features such as a 133MHz Front Side
Bus and 133MHz SDRAM support."

This follows what we saw today.

The prosavage P/KM133 is the desktop version and uses the savage2000 2D
core and the savage4 3D core
(http://www.via.com.tw/en/ProSavage%20Chipsets/pm133.jsp):

"The VIA ProSavage™ PM133 brings together award winning VIA Apollo
Pro133A technology with the powerful Savage4™ 3D and Savage2000™2D
graphics core to provide the most advanced, feature packed, integrated
chipset solution on the market."

They claim the prosavage DDR is based on the "prosavage 8" which I
imagine is just an enhanced version of the regular prosavage chip
(savage4 3d, savage2000 2d) with DDR memory
(http://www.via.com.tw/en/apollo/p4m266.jsp):

"The VIA ProSavageDDR P4M266 with a 400MHz Front Side Bus, the high
performance DDR 200/266 memory controller from the VIA Apollo P4X266,
and the superb performance of the enhanced S3 Graphics ProSavage8™ core
yields an unbeatable mix of power, flexibility and value. Supporting
enhanced 128-bit 3D and 2D engines, effective AGP 8X equivalent
internal bandwidth throughput through 128-bit data paths, 32MB of Frame
Buffer capability and DVD DXVA Motion Compensation for smooth DVD
playback, the integrated S3 Graphics ProSavage8™ core provides class
leading 2D,3D, video quality and performance."

Also notice the "effective AGP 8X equivalent internal bandwidth."  It's
still a 4x chip, but since it's integrated they claim it has more
bandwidth.  Also while it looks like all the savages since the savage4
have motion compensation engines, the code S3 wrote may be specific to
the prosavage DDR, which would explain why it hasn't worked on any of
the older chips.

With this in mind, I may refactor a bit of the code.

Alex