Ian Romanick wrote:
Craig Sowadski wrote:

I am getting the following error when trying to run any DRI/GL program using snapshots staring at with radeon-20040304-linux.i386.tar.bz2 until present:

X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 144 (XFree86-DRI)
Minor opcode of failed request: 5 ()
Value in failed request: 0x49
Serial number of failed request: 24

I have traced the problem to be the file libdri.a, and must be something to do with this patch:

http://dri.freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/dri/xc/xc/programs/Xserver/GL/dri/dri.c.diff?r1=1.50&r2=1.51

Everything seems to work fine using the libdri.a from 03-03-2004 with the newest snapshot drivers.

Let me know if you would like any other information.

There we go! That's why I haven't been able to reproduce the problem! Can either libglx.a and libGLcore.a please be added to the binary snapshots or libdri.a be removed? I'm sure there is a reason, buy why are libdri.a and libdrm.a included at all?

I think earlier libdrm.a didn't export the generic ioctl wrapper (drmCommand), but had a dinky wrapper for each ioctl.

libdri.a, I can't remember, but there is a reason.

Keith