On Thursday 01 April 2004 19:24, Fryderyk Dziarmagowski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I got following problem with tdfx snapshots:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] fritz]$ LIBGL_DEBUG=1 glxgears
> libGL error: dlopen /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/tdfx_dri.so failed
> (/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/tdfx_dri.so: undefined symbol:
> _mesa_init_driver_functions) libGL error: unable to find driver:
> tdfx_dri.so
>

> TIA for any help,
> regards,

tdfx is broken at the moment.  If you apply the patches I posted here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=dri-devel&m=107940633518998&w=2

then it will be marginally less broken; basic polygons will work but textures
will not.  I believe the texture breakage was a result of the DRI transition
from Mesa 5.0.2 to 5.1 [1]; therefore in order to get a working tdfx driver
right now, you'd need to find a snapshot from before December 9 2003, or
alternatively compile a DRI CVS checkout from that date (following the old
build instructions, which are basically just 'cvs co && make World && make
install').

I'm not entirely clear on _how_ 5.1 broke texturing; I expect that my battle
plan will be to step through the changes one commit at a time, which doesn't
sound very fun.  Clues, speculation, and conspiracy theories would be
welcomed.

- ajax

[1] - Eric posted some test results after the newmesa merge that indicate that
tdfx broke in the process:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=dri-devel&m=107104443215443&w=2 .  The
testing I've done agrees with this; DRI with 5.0.2 works, DRI with 5.1 does
not.