# > I have aspire 1300, with s3 savage twister (8d02),
# >
# > http://62.44.212.64:8080/s3_ProSavage_KN133/
# >
# > look there. I compiled some time ago savage cvs and dri is now enabled, but
# I
# > think it isn't still working.
#
# It is enabled, but a little slow. Newer versions should be somewhat
# faster, though there are other problems in current CVS code.
#
# Compiler optimizations make a big difference too. Try -O3.

ok, I'll try new cvs. Hmm.. what is the most newest branch? or should I use
trunk?

# > How should I first help? More info about my computer and configuration?
# Test
# > some settings specially?
#
# A (relatively) slow CPU could be a bottle neck. What does /proc/cpuinfo
# say?

Look into that address, there's my cpuinfo. And look into dri folder, it's
/proc/dri/. Does help anything, what info it gives?

How savage_hardware(8d02), xfree, savage.ko etc talk to each other when using
glxgears or any app? Who is talking to who..?

savage_hardware(8d02)  <---> savage.ko <---> xfree <--->
/usr/X11/lib/modules/dri/savage_dri.so <---> glxgears

Something like this? Correct the picture?

      Edie