--- "Daniel J. Michael" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a laptop, using a TwisterK, and I just applied this patch to
> the latest CVS dri, then compiled and installed it. Now, when I start
> X the display is massively corrupted, and basically useless. I went
> back to the version I was using previousyt, and it works fine again.
> Just to make sure I didn't mess up patching the driver (which I don't
> think I did, but I want to make certain it is not my fault), could I
> get exact instructions on what to do?

No, the twister stuff in that patch ended up being wrong, I've come to
find out after some other people tested it.  Can you try plain cvs with
no patch applied?  Does it work well for you?  if you are seeing a
corrupt 3D window or cursor corruption when using a HW cursor start
with a clean cvs checkout and try this patch instead:
http://www.botchco.com/alex/savage/twister3.diff

Alex