> Thanks again for your work on this Dave.
>
> BTW, what's your (and everyone's, for that matter) opinion on
> video-reset and the libsysfs copy being in the drm module? I still don't
> see the point of the former being there, much less the latter.

I think libsysfs should be killed out of the drm tree at least, it isn't
being developed by us, so if you want to use video-reset get your own
copy, I've no major issues with video-reset in there, I would like to see
it use drm.h from the actual DRM not having its own private copy, but I've
also no objections to seeing it moved to is own top-level along with xc
and drm as it isn't really drm centric, it is just an app that uses it ..

I think Jon is back from his hols so we should work this out soon, not
sure how long Eric is still out for, with every change I make in the DRM I
worry I'm going to break BSD :-)

What I'd like to do now is let the patches filter into the Linux Kernel
and unless a change is majorly necessary let the DRM CVS rest for a week
or so until we are all synced up .. then we can go again!!, the __user
stuff needs to be put in and I know Jon has a big bunch of changes he
wants to propose...

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person