ajax wrote:
I've successfully installed the various libraries and modules from DRI CVS on top of an X.org build, and it appears to work. (No great surprise that they're binary compatible still, I suppose.) Instructions are on the Building page on the wiki, along with suitably scary warning text; I probably missed something in the process so corrections are welcomed.

It strikes me that this is probably a good thing for the Long Slow Decoupling of DRI from the X server, and that the given X.org instructions ought to work for XFree86 users as well. This is great, because it means a) users don't clobber their X libs and server binary when installing DRI CVS, and b) DRI doesn't need to be synced against some other X server tree nearly as much. Everyone wins.

To that end I'm working on a shell script that would automate this minimalist install process, along with some magic to make it play nicely with Gentoo's OpenGL switcher (and any other OS- or distro-specific hooks). Any interest in seeing this committed to CVS?

I believe there's a 'scripts' module in DRI cvs which would be an appropriate place for this sort of thing.

I'm not sure from your description, but would this install script be more appropriate as an addition to the install we're using for the snapshots, rather than as a new script?

Keith