Jacek Rosik wrote:
Hi,

For some time i haven't been paying much attention to dri development.
I'm need to do some work now but I'm little lost. From my little
investigation I presume that situation looks more less like this.

* 3d driver development was moved to mesa tree, bu it needs dri tree in
order to compile.

Correct, but will soon compile on its own.

* Drm was moved to it's own module and it's developed there not in old
place in xc module and not in dri/drm subdirectory in mesa tree.

And seems to have gotten a new lease of life as a result... Dave's doing a great job from the look of things...

* DDX driver is still in xc module.

Is there a plan to make 3d driver compile without dri tree? If so is it
going to be completely removed?

Yes to the first question, but I'm not currently planning to remove the DRI tree in any hurry...

What about DDX driver and DRI extension? Is it going to be moved
somewhere? XOrg or freedesktop's xserver trees? Maybe both?

Because we haven't really answered this one yet. At the moment, I think the DRI tree is a good place for this work, but that's going to be more up to those who are active in those areas, which I really am not so much any more (if ever...).

BTW: I have local mirror (CVSup) of dri's cvs repository but drm module
isn't there. I presume because it's not in 'dri' collection. If I'm
right, can somebody add it?

Can you give some instructions as to how that would work... I don't really know anything about CVSup.

Keith