--- Tom Vier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> i finally got dri working, but... i'm using 2.6.5 on x86 (dual
> opteron
> mobo with a single cpu). i have an agp 9200 and i'm using xfree
> 4.3.0.
> whenever i scroll or sometimes when inputing text, i get these white
> horizontal lines that appear in random spots for a split second. this
> happens in the gimp when highlighting different submenus from the
> right-click-on-image menu. also, it's very pronounced in ooo. it
> happens
> all over the screen, randomly, not just within a window. the white
> lines
> appear to be one pixel tall and vary in length. this didn't happen
> before i
> used dri.

Are you using the DVI port? If you are using the xfree86/dri/xorg
driver, you may want to try the "displaypriority" option.  it also
might be a slight timing problem; you might also want to try option
"ddcmode"
as that will force the driver to use the DDC modes from the CRT monitor
rather than the ones generated by the driver.

> i might be able to catch it with my digital camera (i think it's
> happening
> at the accel level, so a screen grapper wouldn't work). oh, and i'm
> using
> the kernel's radeon driver, not the one that's in xfree.

do you mean radeonfb?  if so you may want to ask on the linux-fbdev ML
or on linux-kernel.

Alex