Andreas Stenglein wrote:
The result of _tnl_CreateContext( ctx ) isn't checked anywhere.

and so you may get a sigsegv later in _tnl_install_attrs()
in this line:
vtx->emit = choose_emit_func;

because ctx->swtnl_context is NULL if CALLOC didnt work.

This occurs with some demos when trying to run them in wine (CVS),
for example cryonics_are_we.exe (64kByte Intro, shown at ms2002, see www.scene.org)
All demos I tried worked sometime in the past.

I've occasionally had segfaults which appear to be caused by NULL tnl context pointers. I think we may be missing a makefile dependency because if I recompile everything from scratch, the problem goes away.

I don't think _tnl_CreateContext() allocates a whole lot of memory - I'm surprised that CALLOC is failing.

And the demos DO WORK (but slow) with LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1,
but not with Radeon or R200 DRI.

Should I try a kernel with HIGHMEM (4G) support to workaround the problem? current .config: ... CONFIG_NOHIGHMEM=y # CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G is not set # CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G is not set # CONFIG_HIGHMEM is not set ...

Another odd thing: wine calls the CreateContext twice, the first time
with success, the second time without.

Do you mean glXCreateContext()? Are the function parameters the same for both calls?

-Brian