> The patch looks good.  However, doesn't drm_pci_id_list need to be updated for
> BSD to add the 2 new fields?  Other than that, it looks good to me.

nope that's why there are two scripts, the bsd generates the info bsd
wants, the linux one generates the info linux wants..

so Linux no longer carries the device name around with it, it uses the
kernel to get if support is there if not you get blank string,

BSD gets the name from the id list and just the id strings.. if we need
subvendor id in BSD, then we can do it separately...

I'll look at doing the chip family at some stage later, the private
structure for Linux will only need to contain the family ID so far..

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person