Since I know I don't need this (i830_drm) ,  I had deleted all __user, and compile
without more problems.

-----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Dave Airlie
Sent:   Fri 4/23/2004 5:04 AM
To:     Roland Scheidegger
Cc:     DRI developer's list
Subject:        Re: [Dri-devel] dri build fails (drm stuff)

ah crap didn't see this, I've checked in a fix to xf86drmCompat.h but I
don't like it...

anyone any ideas on this __user is Linus static checker,

I could define I suppose __DRM_USER and define it to __user for Linux,
what I'm doing now is just checking for __user but it does smack a bit of
namespace pollution..

Dave.

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Roland Scheidegger wrote:

> (current cvs of course).
>
> In file included from xf86drmCompat.c:83:
> /usr/tmp/dri/drm/linux/i830_drm.h:293: variable or field `__user' declared
> void
> /usr/tmp/dri/drm/linux/i830_drm.h:293: warning: no semicolon at end of struct
> or union
> /usr/tmp/dri/drm/linux/i830_drm.h:293: parse error before '*' token
> /usr/tmp/dri/drm/linux/i830_drm.h:294: warning: type defaults to `int' in
> declaration of `drm_i830_copy_t'
> /usr/tmp/dri/drm/linux/i830_drm.h:294: ISO C forbids data definition with no
> type or storage class
> /usr/tmp/dri/drm/linux/i830_drm.h:297: variable or field `__user' declared
> void
>
> Roland

David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person