Jerome Glisse wrote:
Sorry for cross posting but i got a little question :)
DRI use the mesa cvs for a part of this drivers right now ?
isn't it ? If so please review my patch that intend to
correct compilation warning (most of my patch simply add
type cast to avoid warning)

For the DRI patch : ----------------------------------------

I have done some cleaning in order to avoid warning during
compilation. The attached patch correct some of these.

Some of the casts look suspicious (the ones in i830_context.c and mach64_screen.c make me wonder if there's a problem elsewhere.)

Maybe someone else can review those.

The patch to tdfx_tex.c was incorrect; I've checked in the right fix.

But in order to have even less warning some changes need to
be discuss. First if we use -std=c99 with gcc we could get
less warning ass some source use c99 standard (like macro with
variables arguments count.
(in src/mesa/drivers/dri/common/xmlconfig.c L400)

Other use string lenght greater than 4095
(shader/arbprogparse.c L143, L3703)

Thus i guess we should use std=c99 anyone around against this ?
Or are they any issue with std=c99 that i am not aware of ?

I'd have to tinker with std=c99 a bit myself to see if it's worthwhile. We already compile with a fairly good set of warning flags.

In src/mesa/main/texstore.h there is strange code i may misunderstand
 :
#if !NEWTEXTSTORE

...code...

#endif

Maybe we should have :

#ifndef NEWTEXTSTORE

...code...

#endif

The NEWTEXSTORE stuff is obsolete. I've removed it.

For the nurbs patch -------------------------------------------------

Again this patch is for compilation warning i tried to correct as many
as i can (i am still working on some of them as there are case where i
need to go deeper in code in order to understand what is done to be
 sure
to no broke the things =))

Thus my patch most of time put in comment unused variable or simply
remove them when i think we could really remove them...

The GLU code comes from SGI and I've never put too much effort into fixing warnings in that code. But I'll probably apply your patch after I review it closer.

I guess warning are not the first things to worry about but right now
this is the little i can do to help a bit :)
More over having a code that compile without a warning is nice, isn't
 it ?
=)

By the way is there any plan to change the compiling scheme in mesa ? Using autoconf automake for checking if dependency exist like the drm source free or some x header or other stuff like that...

We had autoconf/automake/libtool in Mesa in the past. It caused no end of problems so I dumped it. It seemed to seldom work on non-Linux systems.

-Brian