On Wed, 05 May 2004 17:19:27 +0100
Terry Barnaby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Some more points on this:
> 1. The following line can be added to scripts/create_lk_drm.sh before copying
>      the files to the kernel tree to    fix the problem with not having drm_pciids.h
>      (cd linux; sh ../scripts/create_linux_pci_lists.sh < ../shared/drm_pciids.txt)
>
> 2. If the drmP.h file's line "#ifndef REMAP_PAGE_RANGE_5_ARGS" is changed
>      to "#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE < KERNEL_VERSION(2,5,0)" this
>      hacks around the problem. I don't no where REMAP_PAGE_RANGE_5_ARGS
>      should really be defined.

Currently it is defined in drm/linux/Makefile on the compiler command
line. There is some magic in there to detect patched 2.4 kernels (and I
think recent stock 2.4 kernels) that have 5 remap_page_range arguments
too. If you plug the drm code into a specific kernel version you could
#define REMAP_PAGE_RANGE_5_ARGS in a suitable header file. Maybe
create_lk_drm.sh could be modified to detect the number of remap_page_range
arguments add this definition automatically if needed.

> Terry

Felix