On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 11:21:27PM +0200, Felix K?hling wrote:
> On Mon, 17 May 2004 16:57:38 +0200
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > [snip]
> > when  sis_dri.so tries to test SSE support
>
> This is the normal SSE test. The signal is caught by mesa. Just type
> cont to proceed to the real problem.

sorry, I did not know that. Anyway, is there a solution for the
problem ?

> > BTW: the 'install.sh' in the above packages common-* and sis-*
> > overwrites prexisting files, and there is no way to unistall and put
> > back the originals; moreover IMHO 'install.sh' does not log its
> > actions enough
>
> If you ran install.sh only once per package you can run install.sh
> restore to restore the original files

maybe this 'install.sh restore' should be better advertised...

I found it (googling) in http://dri.sourceforge.net/doc/install_readme.txt
but not in the pages http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/
(that are the main entry point for DRI )

you may want to add a copy of install_readme.txt also inside
the daily snapshots at http://www.freedesktop.org/~dri/snapshots/

install_readme.txt also states that I must use XFree  v4.1
whereas http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/Download
says "XFree 4.3 are in Debian sid" (implicitely suggesting that they are ok)

> If you feel like logging could be improved you're welcome to submit a
> patch. ;-) I don't have the time to look into it ATM and as I don't use
> snapshots myself the install script is always the hardest part for me to
> test.

yep. the idea that I have is that, in Debian, 'install.sh' should
use dpkg-divert to move aside files

a.

--
Andrea Mennucc
 "one houndred and fifty - the chicken sings"