> I have one question though, how is RGB_DXT1 and RGBA_DXT1 going to work?
> As far as I can see, there's no difference at all between these two
> formats as far as the driver is concerned, which can't be correct
> (pixels which need to get decompressed as black, fully opaque for
> RGB_DXT1 need to be black, fully transparent for RGBA_DXT1). I'm not
> sure how this is supposed to work, maybe with changing texture
> environments? I guess RGBA_DXT1 isn't used a lot though (the compression
> library also does not a good job for that weird format).

yup I've noticed this myself, I'm going to track it down, but it's not
used much so I thought the patch might be more use with it broken than
waiting for me to fix it :-)

> given how terribly similar they are (at least the fxt1 cc_mixed mode)...
> I believe though Daniel Borca is working on it (by using code from the
> Glide3/Texus2 library).

cool that explains that ... I might dig up a pre-compressed fxt1 texture
from somewhere...

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person