Mike Mestnik schrieb:
http://www.eff.org/IP/Video/DVDCCA_case/20040227_eff_pr.php

I found this article amusing, it showes that the DeCSS DVD decryption
computer code is in the public domain and no longer a trade secret.  It
dose also say that there will be an appeal.

I was wondering where we where with the s3tc?  The patch and lib are
definatly in the public domain and so far non has had any lawsuits.  If I
may be so boald to say it's just a matter of opinion now rather then an
interpitation of law.  Just my 2cents.

It is not a trade secret, but patented. Since there are no software patents in most of this world maybe there should be .deb files with texture compression support enabled for those living outside the US?

Philipp Klaus Krause

From Windows to Linux, servers to mobile, InstallShield X is the one
installation-authoring solution that does it all. Learn more and