> I first tried installing the binaries from the dri project, but when I tried
> to restart X I got error messages saying it couldn't open the virtual console.
> So I uninstalled, got the dri/drm/mesa sources and built/installed. X starts
> fine, and DRI is now a listed extension. glxinfo runs. But... when I try to
> run glxgears the screen gets garbled and the system hangs.

can you update your DRM sources and rebuild the kernel module? I've
checked in a dirty hack to make the mach64 just work, it reports the
framebuffer is loaded always, something in the new PCI probing scheme has
broken it and it isn't obvious at first sight what..

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person