> radeon/r200 have some 32 Byte alignment restrictions for all textures), though
> I just noticed a small error in the patch:
>
>  +   case MESA_FORMAT_RGB_DXT1:
> +     t->texelBytes = 2;
> +     textureFormat = (MAPSURF_COMPRESSED | MT_COMPRESS_DXT1);
> +     break;
> +   case MESA_FORMAT_RGBA_DXT1:
> +   case MESA_FORMAT_RGBA_DXT3:
> +     t->texelBytes = 4;
> +     textureFormat = (MAPSURF_COMPRESSED | MT_COMPRESS_DXT2_3);
> +     break;
>
> RGBA_DXT1 (if it works correctly or not is a different matter) almost
> certainly needs to be set to the same values as RGB_DXT1 to get at least
> somewhat correct results.
> Also, if texelBytes is used to calculate memory addresses (like mipmap
> offsets), then the results will be very wrong (since the average texelBytes
> for RGB_DXT1 and RGBA_DXT1 is just 0.5, for RGBA_DXT3 and RGBA_DXT5 it's 1).

the code that works out the offsets and stuff is bogus for the i830
with compressed textures... I've no idea what it should look like really
:-) the intel hardware stores things differently than other things, and
relies on the pitch and stuff.. I've no docs (and the NDA my company is
under may not cover em :-), I'll try and extrapolate logically from the
i810 documentation what a sane person would do.. then I'll try random
insane things..

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person