Adam Jackson wrote:

On Friday 23 July 2004 00:04, Eric Anholt wrote:

The point is that the DRI is merging into X.Org and there won't be a
separate tree any more.  I still need to merge the development drivers
(mach64, savage), but my testbox is down due to a bad floppy and I do
want to test these merges on the appropriate hardware.

What should we do about the more dormant drivers? s3virge and the old 3dlabs branches spring to mind...

The old tree shouldn't go away, but it won't be used by developers any more. Maybe something is needed to prevent non-clueful types trying to build it up & complain about out-of-date features, but I don't see any benefit in actual removal of the tree.

Keith