On Thursday 22 July 2004 17:23, Philipp Klaus Krause wrote:
> Since the packages from Micahel Dänzer are outdated and don't
> contain the S3TC patch we now have the strange situation that the
> lates non-free ATI drivers are easier to use on Debian GNU/Linux
> than the lates DRI drivers.
> Would it be possible to cretae a system for unsing the DRI drivers
> similar to the one used for the ATI drivers. For the ATI drivers
> there exists an easy way to cretae Debian packages form them.
>
> I think it would be useful if there were a script that downloads the
> drivers,
> applies the S3TC patch if the user cooses to and creates Debian packages
> optimized for the user's processor.

I have updated versions of Danzer's packages online here:

http://www.nixnuts.net/files/

The last set of DRI packages I made are from July 7th.  Since then I've been
adding the S3TC patch and haven't put them online.  If someone outside the US
is willing to host them, I'll gladly share the newer versions with S3TC
compiled in.

John