Roberto Sanchez wrote:
I have followed the instructions provided by Roland Scheidegger: http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/dri_experimental/s3tc_index.html

I was able to get DRI, Mesa, and DRM to compile and run. I then applied Roland's patches and recompiled, and again everything worked. The problem is that Neverwinter Nights hangs on me. I have downloaded and played the UT2003 demo, and it works great. This makes me think that it is a specific problem. It is so bad that the only way to recover is to ssh in and kill -9 the nwmain process and then restart X.

The hang occurs specificaly at the point where you are about to be
dropped into the game, i.e., once you start a new game or load a game
and press "play."  The sequence will change, the progress bar will
move, and just as it is about to reach the end of the box , the
process hangs.
Does this also happen when you don't have the s3tc patch applied? The trace seems to suggest it could indeed be a problem of the s3tc patch, but I'd like to know for certain - those traces can be misleading in my experience.
If it is a problem of the patch, then I don't know what the problem could be. Though probably related to the external library, the dlopen/dlsym stuff is ugly (and might be non-thread safe?). Or something has changed in Mesa and I didn't notice...

Roland

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by BEA Weblogic Workshop FREE Java Enterprise J2EE developer tools! Get your free copy of BEA WebLogic Workshop 8.1 today. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=4721&alloc_id=10040&op=click -- _______________________________________________ Dri-devel mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dri-devel