> the bulk of the probe code can stay in the library.
>
> Maybe something like this in a personality module:
>
> static struct pci_driver drm_driver = {
>         .name          = DRIVER_NAME,
>         .id_table      = DRM(pciidlist),
>         .probe         = my_probe,
>         .remove        = __devexit_p(drm_cleanup_pci),
> };
>

> my_probe() {
>    do my preinit stuff
>    drm_probe() - library routine
>    do my postinit stuff
> }
>
> Now you don't need pre and post init call outs. If the driver doesn't
> have any pre/post init code just set .probe = drm_probe

I'm not seeing the advantage of doing this, you'll have to convince me
that adding a section to each file is a better idea than having the
callouts in a templated header file ...

The less files we have to edit to change something the better ...

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person