> This does make it a lot clearer what's going on with those REALLY_ macros. I'm
> wondering if there are any of those capability bits that can be dropped
> because all or no drivers use them.  Like CTX_BITMAP, for instance.

Yes CTX_BITMAP is what I'm looking at now.. it is the gamma that
causes the problem with it, I'm trying to move as many of the ugly hacks
into the gamma ...

> Once again, I predict the gamma driver which reportedly doesn't work and
> doesn't have any users will prove to be the stumbling block...

The gamma does keep me honest, every shortcut I attempt it messes it up
:-)

I've replaced the CONFIG_AGP and CONFIG_MTRR with OS_HAS_AGP and
OS_HAS_MTRR macros in my current tree as BSD needs to define them as well
for some drivers...

I've started another branch drmfntbl-0-0-2-branch and I've checked in the
first AGP/MTRR on it .. (I don't think it builds at the moment.. but I'm
really keeping the branches for my own sanity in case I make a big
mistake..)

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person