On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 23:42 +0100, Dave Airlie wrote:

> I think yourself and Linus's ideas for a locking scheme look good, I also
> know they won't please Jon too much as he can see where the potential
> ineffecienes with saving/restore card state on driver swap are, especailly
> on running fbcon and X on a dual-head card with different users.

Frankly, I don't understand the fuss about that. When you run a 3D
client on X today, 3D client and X server share the accelerator with
this scheme, and as imperfect as it is, it seems to do a pretty good job
in my experience.

--
Earthling Michel DÃnzer      |     Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer