On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 08:30, Dieter Nützel wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 8. September 2004 15:26 schrieb Roland Scheidegger:
> > Roland Scheidegger wrote:

> > > I'll fix it, but you have to wait at least another full week.
> >
> > Ok, new version can be found as usual at
> > http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/dri_experimental/s3tc_index.html
>
> Back from vacation.
>
> Works fine.
>
> But general regression.
>
> ipers fall from ~800.000 (30 fps) to ~660.000 (25 fps).
>
> quake3-smp from ~173 fps down to ~164 (with S3TC)
>
> NOT S3TC related ;-)

About a third of that loss (5% overall), I'd say, is due to my fixes for
the r200 and r100 races.  I've got an idea for how to avoid those costs
while also avoiding those races, but I won't be getting to it for a
little while, at least.

--
Eric Anholt                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         [EMAIL PROTECTED]