I just resubmitted the DRM dynamics minors patch to CVS. Can someone
with a i810/830 see if it works? I think I have the code right but I
don't own those chips to check.  If glxgears runs that's enough to
check the changes I made. Other cards should be ok, i810/830 does
things differently than the other drivers.

Dynamic minors fixes the problem of hotplugging a card in/out of a
system multiple times. Before this patch the minor number would be
incremented each time until it hits four and then the card wouldn't
work. With this patch the minor number won't change.

--
Jon Smirl