On Sunday 19 September 2004 03:53, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
> Hi Nicolai,
>
>     I committed a modification of pretty_print_command_stream.tcl that
> decodes most of PFS_INSTR* registers.
>
>     It still prints the actual value written - as a last value after
equals
> sign. So, I am hoping that even if this messed up your disassembler it is
> easy to fix - I am not that proficient in Python to venture modifying your
> code :)
>
>     Also, r300_demo now have headers for both vertex shader and pixel
> shader.

It did mess up the disassembler which uses a simple regex to catch the data,
but it's an easy fix.

>     Lastly, I think it would be useful to have an assembler for vertex
> shaders and pixel shaders that does the job similar to those DirectX
> functions that translate textual description into coded on (I also believe
> that OpenGL 2.0 should have something like this as well).

Doesn't Mesa already support ARB_vertex_program and ARB_fragment_program? I
think it would be best to add R300 programs as an additional backend for
the already existing infrastructure, though I have no idea how flexible the
existing code is - I haven't looked at it in detail.

cu,
Nicolai