On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 10:27 -0400, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 00:41, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
> >
> >> Just to check off the obvious, are you running a recent kernel with (I
> >> assume framebuffer) ? It could be that the default might have changed to
> >> configure the apertures to be bigendian.
> >
> > Changed ? The apertures have always been BE on PPC ...
>
> Really ? Both the register and the framebuffer apertures ?

No, see my previous post.

> The reason I am asking as ati driver has some code to invert the
> endianness for writing Xv data to the framebuffer.

The r128 and radeon 2D drivers simply change the framebuffer aperture
byte-swapping temporarily for this and some other similar things. The 3D
drivers basically do everything via the CP.

Anyway, I think we're on a tangent here, as the problem doesn't seem to
be PPC specific at all.

--
Earthling Michel DÃnzer      |     Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer