On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 08:02:16 +0200
"Zirzlaff, Torsten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Fine those instructions seem fine to me, but I have thefollowing
> questions:
>
>   i) For building the Mesa 3D drivers on linux on other architectures
> besides
>      x86. Do I have to seek a diferent config file instead of
>      Mesa/configs/linux-dri-x86 or is the give one valid for all linux
>      architectures? I muse that the x86 part denotes the architecture,
> but
>      I'm not sure about it.

Good question. There is a generic target linux-dri which doesn't include
any architecture-specific assembler optimizations. There is also
linux-dri-x86-64 for the AMD-64 architecture.

>  ii) Could I expect noticeable improvement on an alpha architecture for
>      r200 card over my previous XFRee86 DIR/CVS?

There have been some bug fixes and performance improvements in the r200
driver recently. I'm afraid there may also be new bugs. BTW, there was a
discussion about Alpha and r200 on yesterday's IRC session. To me it
seemed like it's not working with current CVS. If you got it working
somehow I bet some people on dri-devel would be interested in hearing
about it.

> TIA
>
>       Torsten

Bye,
  Felix

| Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |