> Paulo R. Dallan schrieb:

<snip>

> The radeon driver is a hardware-accelerated driver for Radeon 7500
> chips. I don't know why it even works on your card.
>
> Philipp

Hi Philipp, thanks for the reply!

Are you sure about that?

I've just tried the "ati" generic driver (option from xorgconfig) and the
speed got even slower (however, glxinfo also gave me direct rendering: yes!).

Actually, I got a little confused over here.

In the dri/wiki, under the building description, it is described that the
"ati" is the 2D driver for the Mach64, Rage128 and Radeon chipsets (so I
assume the Radeon 9200se is included here; or is it not?). However, the
options at xorgconfig that I could find are: (a) generic "ati"; (b) generic
"r128" (which I believe it is the Rage128); and  (c) generic "radeon" (which
was my first option)...

So, do you know which I should choose?

It is interesting to mention that at the ATI Radeon dri/wiki page, when
mentioning 3D acceleration, it explains that from the 7800/rv200 and below
are supported by the "radeon" dri driver, and that from the 8500 to 9200 are
supported by the "r200" driver (in any case, they seem to use the same drm
driver, radeon.ko, if not mistaken);

So ok, but what would be the option for the "r200" dri driver at xorgconfig?
Or should I enter it as a parameter directly at xorg.conf? Or is it
automatically detected, after the chipset is recognised?

Thank you all for the help!

Regards!

Paulo