On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, khaqq wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After realizing that the R200 driver bundled with xorg 6.8 wasn't
> stable, I installed the CVS of DRI (as of 2 hours ago).
> The problem *was* :
> random lockups / freezes when playing UT (original one) or
> Q3A (latest patch) ; those lockups happen within 30 seconds of starting
> any of these games.

Hello,

I see lockups with the r200 driver too (I'm testing the projected texture
fix - bug #1461), but the strange thing is, that the r200 locks up only
when I restart X without a reboot. The first X session works like a charm
(I'm testing with Descent3), the second crashes after some seconds...

Kernel 2.6.9, radeon.ko from DRM CVS, r200 dri module from Mesa CVS, X.org
CVS, all checked out on 20041021 - the system is an up-to-date Debian Sid.

Regards,

  Sandor Geller