On 2004-10-25 15:11:00 +0800 Vladimir Dergachev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snipped...]
I see. Thats a good idea too. We just have to look for a company willing to do that. I have long been convinced that designing the hardware like this is the only way to go.

Just for fun here are some numbers:

Card BandWidth FillRate Triangles Ops budget for 1GFLOP DSP
GB/s Gpixel/s Mtriangle/s ops/pixel
Radeon 7500 5.3 0.5 62.5 2
Radeon 9000 Pro 16 1.0 62.5 1
Radeon X800 XT 18.4 8.3 520.0 0.12

Note that 1 GFLOP DSP is like Pentium III-1000mhz.. Not quite, but similar.

The technology is getting there (for example 14.4 GFLOP board from bittware: http://www.bittware.com/products/PCI/t2pc/t2pc_desc.stm ) but they don't even quote price for such things.

Thanks for the info. This is interesting. I think i will go for a pci-x motherboard.

--
Blood is thicker then water... And much tastier
                            John Davidorff Pell