On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 16:17:58 -0800, Daniel J. Michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've been playing with the new savage patches. The latest cvs version
> seems to have fixed the unresolved symbols I was getting and everything
> seems to be working great. I've tested with glxgears, chromium and
> regular usage, are there any other easy tests to run that would be
> helpful?
>
> I am having a problem unrelated to the new patches. Some time recently
> xv has started being really screwy (black and white except for
> splotches that are miss-colored). Disabling BCIforXV in xorg.conf fixes
> this issue. What does disabling this do? Is there a significant
> performance hit?

this option uses the BCI engine for mastered image transfers.  It
should help performance on savage4 chips, however, it causes problems
sometimes.  I should probably make it an Xv option rather than a
server option so users can turn it on and off more easily.

> My final question is: can I hope to see xvmc support, or has that
> turned into a lost cause?

If someone steps up to fix the code and get it working.  The server
side stuff is in xorg cvs.  the client lib source is available in the
old S3 code drop.  I played with it a bit a while back, but couldn't
get it to work, however, I don't know much about XvMC or that part of
the hardware.

Alex