Hi!

Am Fr, den 19.11.2004 schrieb Keith Whitwell um 10:50:
> As Alan points out, we blit the dirty regions to the back buffer rather than
> re-rendering everything multiple times.  This was the easiest scheme to
> implement, and has a big speed advantage for fallback and complex rendering.
>   It is however the reason that the current page-flipping code isn't strictly
> conformant, as the situation where X11 and GL rendering to the same drawable
> simultaneously isn't handled correctly in all circumstances.

Do You mean that X rendering should go only into front buffer. I tried
to fix that situation. I just skip shadowfb updates to areas covered by
3d windows, this was necessary to solve some problems with moving
windows and stereo.

> I expect that there will be a bunch of annoying compatibility, etc problems
> in
> the drm and dri interfaces to do with getting the information to the client,
> etc, where the assumption has been made that there are only 2 buffers.

Actually I don't think this would be really hard. I have added to
additional buffers (front right, and back right) in radeon driver and
only few places in mesa driver needed modifications. Currently page
flipping and stereo are exclusive due to some race issues, but this
could be fixed using radeon registers for stereo and would have nothing
to do with tripple buffering. Actually I even had a version with stereo
and pageflipping working simultaneously. You can take a look at my
patches:
http://stud.ics.p.lodz.pl/~paproch/dri-stereo

Maybe You will find some helpful informations.

best,
--
Jacek Rosik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>