On Mer, 2004-11-24 at 02:28, Dave Airlie wrote:
> That is due to the new remap_pfn_range stuff, I'm not sure we can put
> checks for it into our CVS tree, as -mm trees don't have different
> KERNEL_VERSION than Linus trees, you could try building the linux-core
> tree rather than the linux-2.6 tree...
>
> If that stuff is in Linus's tree we need to put the checks in but not
> until then...

Its in 10rc as well. The change fixes various things like remapping
pages
high up.

Also btw heading this way and it broke AGP and seems to break DRI is
Linux
x86 using the Xen paravirtualizer. This correctly implements
virt_to_bus/dma_alloc and friends but being virt_to_bus/virt_to_phys are
no longer randomly the same as they are on generic x86, and two adjacent
kernel virtual addresses may not have the adjacent bus addresses.

Right now i810 with acceleration explodes in this configuration.