Hi,

Can I control a graphics card _completely_ with DRI? I mean
allocate the framebuffer, switch between modes etc. Or do I
need some kind of helper code that does these things (like
fbdev or the Xserver)?
I'm particulary interested in allocating memory for the
framebuffer via DRI, I think there is an ioctl for that, but
I'm not sure.
And is it possible to allocate offscreen memory with DRI?
So I could render into it, read the pixels out of it and
put them into an image (for example).

thanks
tom