--- Dave Airlie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Use the linux-core directory in CVS to build not the
> linux-2.6,
>
> linux-core is the future of DRM, hopefully it will
> be merged into 2.6.11
> soon...
>
> other option is to move the pci_enable_device(pdev)
> line in drm_stub.h
> outside the if statement it is in ..

Thanks; I was indeed using the CVS linux-2.6
directory. All I was really looking for was the 'most
stable' DRM code to use with Xorg 6.8.1, and that code
did not seem to be the code that shipped with the
kernel sources. (One of the 'migration' threads in
2.6.9 was consuming a lot of CPU time with the in-tree
radeon module.)

Is the CVS linux-2.6 directory considered 'dead',
then? It seems stable enough. How stable is code in
linux-core?

Cheers,
Chris