On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 13:17 +0100, Jerome Glisse wrote:
> Looking everywhere i notice that framebuffer sets the following :
>
> RADEON_DP_DATATYPE to RADEON_HOST_BIG_ENDIAN_EN but
>
> the xfree86 drivers do not seems to worry about this register,

Sure it does, see RADEONEngineRestore().

> framebuffer also set
> RADEON_RB2D_DSTCACHE_MODE to 0 for r300 chipset....

This has no bearing on byte order.

Always keep in mind that this code is working fine on R[12]00, and the
2D engine hasn't changed significantly... The problem is most definitely
the HOST_DATA_SWAP bits not working the same way on R300, I'll try to
find out what's up with that after I return from my vacation.

On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 16:11 +0100, Jerome Glisse wrote:
> Yellow dog seems to have support for radeon 9600.
> At least they claim so. I tried to find out the source
> of their distribution but only manage to get iso for
> binary.
>
> Anyone got source of yellow dog ? Maybe they added
> the patch to xfree86, i will give look for that...

DRI support for R300 is brand new, it's only been committed to X.Org CVS
very recently; it's highly unlikely to be available in any distribution
yet. They're probably talking about 2D support without DRI.

> Still i am a bit disapointed that i can access the source
> of yellow dog, what is open source if you coud not have
> them ? :(

While they technically don't have to provide source for things like X
that use BSD style licences, I'd be surprised if they didn't.

--
Earthling Michel DÃnzer      |     Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer