Am So, den 02.01.2005 schrieb Sergio Monteiro Basto um 2:42:
> On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 16:02 +0100, Felix Kühling wrote:
>
> > I was going to change mesa/src/mesa/drivers/dri/Makefile.template to use
> > the share-core directory for DRM includes. This will be needed for the
> > new Savage DRM as it lives in linux-core/shared-core only. With your
> > assessment of the status of the 2.4 DRM it looks like it will never be
> > backported to Linux 2.4.
>
> with this all applied, just left us
> checkout drm and mesa cvs and apply
> http://freedesktop.org/~fxkuehl/savage/savage_xorg_20041229.diff
> on xorg tree to test it ?

You don't need any of my previous patches. Just cvs update Xorg HEAD and
recompile the Savage driver from there. Actually the patches are
incompatible with the versions that I finally committed to CVS. So be
sure you don't mix them or you will get unpredictable behavior. From now
on I will keep the binary interfaces compatible though.

> I just check-out mesa and drm and compile with
> make linux-dri-x86
> and
> cp lib/savage_dri.so /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/savage_dri.so
> and recompile drm for my kernel 2.4.29-pre1, after reboot (to be sure
> that savage kernel module is loaded again), all works normally.

The new Savage driver lives in drm/shared-core and drm/linux-core. This
means it can only be compiled for Linux 2.6.x kernels. I'm not planning
a backport to 2.4.

--
| Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |