On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 19:12:15 +0100, Andi Kleen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, you should use get_user_pages() instead if you access real memory.
> If you try to find hardware mappings using that there is no ready
> function for you right now, although I guess it could be added.

drm_follow_page is used like this:

offset = drm_follow_page(pt) | ((unsigned long) pt & ~PAGE_MASK);
map = drm_lookup_map(offset, size, dev);
if (map && map->type == _DRM_AGP) {
        vunmap(pt);
        return;
}

I think pt is a user space address. In DRM AGP memory is mapped into
kernel and user space so the user space address is being converted
into a kernel space one. The kernel space one is used to verify that
the address is a valid mapping to AGP space, if so the page is
unmapped.  I didn't write this code so I'm not 100% sure of what is
going on.

--
Jon Smirl