>> I'm still wondering where /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/codeconv/ went though.
>> Is there a define to build these libraries that isn't in the sample
>> host.def for Xorg?  Are they necessary for languages other than English?

  Codeconv modules are gone.

  They are only used by X-TT TruetType font rendering backend. Most
X-TT functions are merged into FreeType font rendering backend now,
and X-TT related codes are dropped from tree. FreeType backend uses
encoding files (under /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/encoding) for font
encoding conversion.

  So, we are not needed codeconv modules any more.

--
ISHIKAWA Mutsumi
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>