drm driver, to keep it simple and prevent interference with X.

No my Xserver fail to initialize DRI, it fails with drmAddMap.
it says:
[drm] drmAddMap failed
And then tells there is no dri. I wanted to test r300 driver.
I have no more logs of that has i crashed my system.

Anyway, i first thought that there was somethings wrong with r300, but
i may have find the origin of the issue and it is not related to drm.
Some PPC (G5) stuff with agp. I need to do more test.

By the way, is there any flags that tell drm to verbose a bit on what
it does ?

Yes, but I don't remember them offhand. Try to grep for EXPORT_SYMBOL - the one with debug in the name is likely what you need.

                    best

                      Vladimir Dergachev

best, Jerome Glisse