felix,

is there a noticable performance difference with DMA versus the non-dma version of the savage driver? i have concluded that the DMA driver work can only be compiled and used with the linux 2.6 kernel, is this true? I ask becuase i am stuck back on the 2.4 kernel. I also believe you mentioned that it will not work for savage 4 and twister (based on savage 4) chipsets. what is the time frame for the savage 4/ twister DMA support? if it is true that kernel 2.4 is not supported, how difficult would it be for me make the DMA stuff work in the old driver? what would be a good sample driver to work form?

mark