On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 18:48 +0100, Jerome Glisse wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:23:50 -0500, Michel DÃnzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 16:34 +0100, Jerome Glisse wrote:
> > >
> > > Anyway i wanted to ask mesa folks how to make a real
> > > proper patch. The fact is that INREG & OUTREG in
> > > server/radeon_macros.h have to do endian swapping.
> > > Moreover the swapping is only needed for r300, isn't it ?
> > > So do we need to have our own copy of radeon_macros.h
> > > insted of using the one from dri/radeon/ ?
> >
> > No. Try this patch, which is quite ugly though, most of this shouldn't
> > be in driver specific code IMHO.
> >
> What about INREG16 & OUTREG ?

The 3D driver shouldn't have write access to the registers, and at least
the radeon and r200 drivers only use 32 bit register reads because all
registers relevant to them are 32 bit. Has this changed in r300?

> I will try your patch but i bet it works.
> I am agree too that this should not be in driver specifique but how to
> handle the r300 case properly on ppc ?

There's no 'r300 case'. This will be the same for all Radeons and
probably for most if not all other hardware as well.

> By the way did you figure out a fix for endianness problem with 2d
> accel ?

No worries, I never forget about mail. ;) I have an idea but haven't got
around to playing with it yet, hopefully on the weekend.

--
Earthling Michel DÃnzer      |     Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer