Am Freitag, den 21.01.2005, 11:51 -0500 schrieb Adam Jackson:
[snip]
> I believe that's correct, ie, file bugs at pciids and they'll get pushed
> outward from there.

Thanks. I'll do that.

> > > Other savage3d woes to be detailed later...
> >
> > What woes?
>
> Something in the last few weeks has made my savage3d highly nonconformant.
> In
> 16bpp the corruption is best described as "some operations have their Y
> coordinate scaled down by two", so things looks squished against the top of
> the screen.  In 32bpp these same operations are simply not on the screen at
> all.  So, for example, my background image gets painted on half the screen in
> 16bpp but not at all in 32bpp.  I can try for some screenshots if it'd help.
> Hopefully this is localizable to one XAA op.
>
> This is a dualhead card, two savages behind a PCI bridge.  I see this
> corruption on both heads.  GL works pretty well on the first head (runs
> glxgears, but times out in the quake3 splash screen), but not at all on the
> second head (times out on everything).  This timeout brings down the server
> too after a few seconds.

Hmm, if it affects the Xserver then it's likely a chip lockup. Have you
enabled ShadowStatus in xorg.conf? Also try if disabling vertex DMA
(added the option to the 3D driver yesterday) makes any difference in
stability.

--
| Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |