Am Mittwoch, den 02.02.2005, 22:06 +0500 schrieb Dimitry Naldayev:
> Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Am Dienstag, den 01.02.2005, 23:13 +0500 schrieb Dimitry Naldayev:
> >>
> >> May will be better to make rm -rf /usr/X11R6 and build from CVS full Xorg,
> >> not only DRI part? But how host.def must look for this?
> >
> > If you really want to do this,
> I am not sure... Is this a good idea? why?

It's a good idea if you want to play with the source code. Otherwise the
snapshots are easier to install and are quite up-to-date as well. It's
your choice.

> > then an empty host.def would be a good
> > start. You may want to keep some custom compiler optimization options
> > though. And "#define NothingOutsideProjectRoot YES" is a good idea too.

> >> It work now!!! thanks. I have gotten 380 fps in glxgears vs. 113 fps
> >> without direct rendering. Are there farther way to increase perfomans?
> >>
> >> are there any options wich I can test?
> >
> > You could experiment with AgpMode and AgpSize in xorg.conf.
>
> I set AgpMode to 2 and AgpSize to 32 this increase perfomans in gears about
> 1.5--2 fps ;-) and look like my notebook do not support AgpMode 4x
>
> > Also lower
> > resolutions and refresh rates tend to improve performance slightly. But
> > don't expect any miracles. 380 FPS on gears is quite good for a
> > Savage/MX. I get about 350 on a Savage/IX.
>
> I attach output of glxinfo. What mean table at the end of the output?
> what mean "slow" in the table?

It's a table of visuals. Visuals with accum buffers or a stencil buffer
are slow, which means they cannot use hardware acceleration. For example
the queens and endgame hacks (from xscreensaver) need a stencil buffer,
so they will be slow.

> There are mentions about fastpath and dma on savage somewere in dri wiki...
> What option available to tweak/test this?

Take a look at http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/DriConf. This tool allows
you to tweak driver options per applicaton.

> > It has nothing to do with the display numbers. But only one display can
> > use the DRM at the same time. There was a patch for the Radeon driver
> > once that solved this problem by reinitializing the DRM on VT switches,
> > but the Savage driver doesn't support this now.
>
> Is this patch included in CVS?

You mean the radeon patch? No. I'm not sure why.

--
| Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |