Aha, you have a SuperSavage. Unfortunately it seems like vertex DMA
locks up these cards. Other SuperSavage users reported the same. I don't
know why and I can't debug the problem because I don't have a
SuperSavage to test (and neither has Alex :( ). The only way seems to be
to disable vertex DMA. There is a driconf option for that named
enable_vdma. It's on by default. Set it to false.

I had to work around a hardware bug on Savage IX too. Take a look at
drm/shared-core/savage_bci.c (function dispatch_dma_prim) for the
details. Maybe you can try if the same helps on your SuperSavage?

Regards,
  Felix

--
| Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |