> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:17:05 +1100, Paul Mackerras <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Vladimir Dergachev writes:
> >
> > >   I am a bit puzzled with your patch - do you really need to hard code
> > > format field in r300_state.c ?

Ok i think i understand, Mesa tell us that the format is
MESA_FORMAT_RGBA8888_REV on big endiand and
MESA_FORMAT_RGBA8888 on little endian. Thus if i change
{0xffffff01, 0},
{R300_EASY_TX_FORMAT(Z, Y, X, W, W8Z8Y8X8), 0},

it works. Vlad does this lead to some strange things on x86 ?
I don't think so :) If ok i commit this and we could have
texture too on ppc.

> I find that with that line there, it works moderately well (textures
> look mostly correct although dithered at the edges), but with that
> line commented out, textures just display random noise.

Paul with which program do you test texture ? I must admit
that i didn't inspect the texture look :) Maybe there is a filter
issue, do we have this on x86 too ?

Jerome Glisse